If you feel worried about going to a meeting, here are some reasons why it’s good to go:
- You know yourself better than anyone else does.
- Adults must listen to what you think is right for you.
- Getting involved can make you feel more in control of your life and might help things work out better for you.
- If you don’t understand what other people are talking about, you can ask them to explain.
- You have the right to take someone along with you to the meeting – like a friend, a family member, an advocacy worker, or someone else who supports you.