Family in prison
“It’s like I am carrying a giant invisible secret”
How one young person feels about their parent being in prison.
Money and housing issues
Things tough at home?
Here are some of the issues at home that might mean you need extra support at school:
- family arguments or parents splitting up
- someone dying
- moving to a new country and not knowing if you can stay
- helping to care for someone at home
- being homeless or in temporary housing
- being in care
- having a family member in prison
- not having enough money for food, school uniform or school trips.