An advocacy worker will listen to you and help you shape and share your views. They can go with you to meetings about your support for learning and even speak for you if you want them to.

You have the right to take along an advocate to school meetings. 

They can help you to make your voice heard at school when decisions are made about you. They can help you work out what you want to say and can even speak for you if that’s what you want. Check out this film to find out more…..

You can ask your school or council for help finding an advocacy worker near you. Or call the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance 0131 524 1975.

If you’re aged 12-15 and want help from an advocate to use your rights to be involved in planning your learning support, My Rights My Say might be able to help you.

If you’re care experienced, check out who your local advocate is at Who Cares? Scotland.