Feeling worried about going to a meeting at school where decisions are being made about the support you need? Think you might just be bored or that no one will listen to you?
5 reasons why it’s good to go to meetings at school:
- You know yourself better than anyone else does.
- Adults must listen to what you think is right for you. They must respect your views and take them seriously.
- Getting involved can make you feel more in control of your life and might help things work out better for you.
- If you don’t understand what other people are talking about, you can ask them to explain.
- You have the right to take someone along with you to the meeting to help you have your say – like a friend, a family member, an advocacy worker, or someone else who supports you.