Leaving school is a big change in your life – how are you feeling?
If you’re feeling worried about your future, remember that your school should start helping you get ready to leave at least a year before you are due to go.
Here are some of the ways your school could help you get ready to leave school:
- making sure you can get advice about your options
- helping you learn to live independently
- arranging work experience, volunteering or visits to colleges
- helping you write your CV
- sharing info with people (if you say this is ok) who might support you after you leave – like college staff or a social worker.
Advice we wish we’d known when we left school
- Remember that YOU know yourself best. You are making a choice for you and not for anyone else.
- You may decide to do something after school but then find it doesn’t work out. Don’t worry, lots of people end up doing something different from what they first planned.