Whether you are going to a new school because you are starting secondary, have moved house or are new to Scotland, here are some tips on what you can do to get ready:
- visit the new school to see what it’s like.
- find out when you can meet the teachers and pupils there.
- find out if you need any school uniform, books or equipment.
- try out the journey so you feel confident getting there.
- if you need help getting around school, have a trial run moving around the building. If it’s difficult, tell someone.
Your new school should have been told what help you need. The support you get might not be exactly the same as you got at your previous school but it should still meet your needs.