I’m changing schools - Reach
Starting at a new school is a big change in your life.
8 tips that might help you if you’re changing schools:
- Remember that making new friends takes time.
- Visit the new school so you know what to expect.
- Find out what school uniform or other kit you need. If your family are finding it hard to afford it, talk to the school.
- Try out the journey to school so you feel ok about how to get there.
- Keep your timetable with you so you know what classes you have and where they are.
- Secondary schools can be big places. If you get lost, ask a teacher or an older pupil to help you find your class.
- Find out if your new school has buddying, where an older pupil helps you settle in.
- If you are disabled, the new school should make sure you can access your classes. If it’s difficult, tell someone.