Starting at a new school is a big change in your life.
Here are 8 top tips that might help you:
- Remember that making new friends takes time. Check out our advice below….
- Visit the new school before you are due to start so you know what to expect and can meet the teachers and pupils there.
- Find out if you need any school uniform, books or equipment. If your family are finding it hard to afford it, talk to the school.
- Try out the journey to school so you feel ok about how to get there.
- Keep your school timetable with you so you know what classes you have and where they are.
- Secondary schools can be big places. If you get lost, ask a teacher or an older pupil to help you find your class.
- Find out if your new school has buddying, where an older pupil helps you settle in.
- If you are disabled, the new school should make sure you can access your classes. If it’s difficult, tell someone.