Help me

I’m in care

If you are care experienced you have the right to get extra support in school if you need it.

Here are some examples of support that has helped other care-experienced young people with school:

  • support to settle in at a new school if you’ve moved around a lot – check out our advice on changing schools 
  • extra help from a social worker or support worker
  • an advocate to help you get your views across at meetings
  • different places for you to go to learn – like studying at college instead
  • help planning what you can do after you leave school – check out our advice for school leavers.

Remember your school should listen to your views about what works best for you so talk to a teacher if you need any extra support.