If you are care experienced you have the right to get extra support in school if you need it.
Here are some examples of support that has helped other care-experienced young people with school:
- support to settle in at a new school if you’ve moved around a lot – check out our advice on changing schools
- extra help from a social worker or support worker
- an advocate to help you get your views across at meetings
- different places for you to go to learn – like studying at college instead
- help planning what you can do after you leave school – check out our advice for school leavers.
Remember your school should listen to your views about what works best for you so talk to a teacher if you need any extra support.