Problems at home can make it hard to cope with school.
It’s not easy to talk, but if you can tell a teacher you trust about your worries at home it might help them to understand you better.
They can also help you think about whether there is any support that could make learning easier to cope with.
5 things that might help if home life issues mean you’re struggling with school:
- time to talk with a school counsellor or guidance teacher
- support to come to school, like a taxi
- money to help pay for school kit and school trips
- extra time to do your work
- help to care for someone at home.
Remember whoever you tell about your worries at home should keep it private unless they are worried about your safety or you say it’s ok for them to tell someone else who can help you.