Problems at home can make it hard to cope at school.
It’s not easy to talk, but if you can tell a teacher you trust about your worries at home it might help them to understand you better.
They can also help you think about whether there is any support that could make school easier to cope with.
6 things that might help if home life issues mean you’re struggling at school:
- time to talk with a guidance teacher
- having a place in school you can go to chill out
- support to come to school, like a taxi
- money to help pay for school kit and school trips
- extra time to do homework
- help to care for someone at home.
Remember whoever you tell about your worries at home should keep it private unless they are worried about your safety or you say it’s ok for them to tell someone else who can help you.