Worrying about stuff happening at home can make school difficult.
Telling a teacher you trust about your worries at home can help them to understand why you’re finding school tough. They can help you think about the support you may need to make school easier to cope with.
Things that might help:
- time to talk with a counsellor
- having a place in school you can go to if you need to chill out
- support to come to school, like a taxi
- money to help pay for school essentials and school trips
- extra time to do homework
- help to care for someone at home.
Remember whoever you tell must keep it private unless they are worried about your safety or you say it’s ok to tell someone else who can help you.