Pupil Voice: Young carer has her say on leaving school and the difference support can make
Young carers do an amazing job juggling caring and school work, but it’s not always easy. If you’re caring for someone at home, the right support can make all the difference in helping you get the most out of school. Check out young carer Lauren’s story.
Young carers’ views – feeling ok?
“Coping with being a young carer is difficult, yes, but I feel proud that I’m making sure my family are okay”. Young carers share their views with the Children and Young People’s Commissioner for Scotland.
My life as a young carer
Hear from someone who understands. A Fixers film by a girl caring for her mum.
Money and housing issues
Things tough at home?
Here are some of the issues at home that might mean you need extra support at school:
- family arguments or parents splitting up
- someone dying
- moving to a new country and not knowing if you can stay
- helping to care for someone at home
- being homeless or in temporary housing
- being in care
- having a family member in prison
- not having enough money for food, school uniform or school trips.