If you’re care-experienced, your school must start to help you plan what you might do after you leave school at least a year before.

They should get in touch with people who could support you after you leave – like college staff and social workers.

If you’re coming up to your 16th birthday, you can find advice about the support you can get from Aftercare services from Scotland’s Children and Young People’s Commissioner.