It’s good to be clear about what that bullying behaviour might look like.
Here are some examples, which could happen face to face or online:
- Name calling and teasing
- Being put down or made to feel small
- Being ignored or left out
- Having rumours spread about you
- Having threats made against you
- Being picked on because of who you are or how people see you
- Having money and other belongings taken or messed about with
- Pushing or pulling you, hitting or kicking
- Receiving nasty messages online
- Nasty comments made about you online.
There can be many reasons behind why someone bullies someone else. It may be because of their attitude towards someone they see as different, or it could be because of their own insecurities.